Friday, February 1, 2013

Collide- Gail McHugh

Okay, I am not even sure where I want to start with this review. I can't honestly say I am disappointed, but I am not thrilled either. I probably would not have chosen to read this immediately if I would have know there is a sequel expected sometime soon. With that being said- I did like this book and will buy the sequel when it is released.
This was my first book by Gail McHugh and I truly enjoyed her writing. I liked the consecutive POV's throughout the book and knowing that Gavin was captivated from the beginning. As a matter of fact, I think Gavin captivated me from the first mention of him....... swoon.There is now another character to add to the growing list of fictitious boyfriends and his name is Gavin Blake! 
Gavin aside, I have to touch on Emily- whew, this woman is a bundle of confusion, anxiety, tension, depression...... should I go on?  Not to mention she is a HUGE PUSHOVER!  So many times in this book I wanted to punch her into waking up. I understand her devastation over the death of her mother, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOMAN!  Please get over yourself. Stick up for yourself!!!
This is a true love story with steam,sass, tension, angst, and hurt. All secondary characters are awesome! 
Gail does a good job of making the reader feel like they are literally a silent spectator of what is happening, as if in front of your own eyes.
I will pick up "Pulse"  when it is released just to follow Gavin. But I will also beg Gail to hurry up and get the rest of the story to us.

If you are looking for a HEA ending or even closure to this twisted love affair- I recommend you wait until the next book arrives. And I am serious, there is NO closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment