Sunday, February 24, 2013

True Love Story- Willow Aster

Sparrow Fisher is transforming. No longer dressed up in antiquated clothes and ideals, she is finally trying on her freedom.

Before she moves to New York City, she meets Ian Sterling, a musician Sparrow has dreamed about since she first saw him. The attraction is instant, but their relationship isn't so simple.

Over a five year span, Sparrow and Ian run into each other in unusual places. Each time, Sparrow has to decide if she can trust him, if he feels the same for her, and finally, if love is really enough.








Oh Willow Aster, you have just made the jump to my FAVORITES list!!! True Love Story is a truly beautiful story that captured my heart for the entire read. I will admit, I had some ups & downs, but nothing could have prepared me for the journey I took with Sparrow & Ian in this incredible debut novel.

Let me start by saying that this book brought out so many emotions in me that I had to take a step back and wonder if I was actually a character in middle of this love affair.Let me rephrase that- I WANTED to be a character in this love affair. From the very beginning Sparrow felt like my BFF. I wanted to laugh with her, cry with her, shake some sense into her, and then cradle her from my own heartbreak. As a woman who has had my heart broken more than once, I felt every single emotional tear throughout Sparrow and Ian's relationship.
There was so much to this story that was beautiful. Sparrow's innocence and unconditional devotion to Ian was crushing. Ian's dark and brooding attitude and his eventual revelation of love was exceptional. I was so proud of him when he finally stepped up to the plate and became the man I saw in his character. Even though there was definite foreshadowing throughout the book that made me uneasy, I wanted to believe in the power of this love. Then BOOM!

****Spoiler Alert****
WHY oh WHY oh WHY??? Ian you have broken my heart. I am laid bare to the hurt and angst you have caused with your personal insecurities and selfishness. Poor Sparrow ( see I really did feel like her BFF). She is such an open, positive, and caring person, how could you throw all this away for your personal pleasure?
I must say, once the deception is revealed is where I think Willow's talent started to shine brighter. I was completely enveloped in the emotional turmoil and pain going through both Ian and Sparrow. Even though Ian  may not have deserved to be given a second chance, I found myself wanting to comfort him. As the story continued to play out, I was unsure how I wanted it to end. But I will say that I am very pleased with the HEA.

I only have two issues with the ending of this book. I felt it was too sudden. After the 5 year journey waiting for a beautiful resolution, I think we deserved more that 4 pages of happiness. I would like to see more of the next steps for Ian and Sparrow. Also, can someone please bitch slap Laila? Why didn't we get any revenge on this cheating, spiteful woman?

With all that said- this is a wonderful book that I will recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful love story. Well Done Willow!

No comments:

Post a Comment