Monday, January 7, 2013

Up to Me- M Leighton


Up to Me by M. Leighton: NOOK Book Cover
THIS IS A MUST READ!!
Okay- I will admit,I was waiting for this book to release on pins and needles!  I re-read "Down To You" in anticipation of heading straight into "Up To Me". Once available- I read in one sitting. I ignored all daily activities and family needs just to savor this book. I was not disappointed!!

In book two, we are given more details of Cash's secret life and the growing emotional  and physical attachment between Cash and Olivia. You can literally jump into the pages and feel the heat scorching off of them. Although I found Olivia's continuous self doubt a little annoying, M. Leighton did a great job of keeping her character consistent. And I LOVED how Olivia grew in the end. I was so proud!!

Can I just say that I need a CASH DAVENPORT in my life????? He has now ranked up there with Kellan, Jake, and all of the Chase brothers!! I found myself a little worried when he started to pull back on his feeling because I saw the book coming to a close without any resolution to his feelings. BUT I WAS WRONG AGAIN!!!  The bar scene was delicious! I stopped reading in order to grab a cold beer and cool off. The I jumped right back into it.

The twists and turns on the plot line are brilliant and the reader is given an insight into what happened all those years ago when Cash's family fell apart. Let's just say that not all is as it seems in the Davenport family. I have a feeling I am going to like the new family dynamics!!!

I highly recommend both these books and can't wait for book three in the series. M. Leighton is a favorite of mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment