Saturday, April 13, 2013

REAL- Katy Evans

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…
He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…
Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.
He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents .
But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.
I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.
If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?




Have you ever had such a book hangover so bad you want to relive the last few hours of your life EVERY FU%CKING DAY???? That is what REAL did to me. I can't tell you how much I LOVED this book. It hit me out of the blue and I can't stop thinking about this story!

CAUTION****** REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!

Katy Evans delivers such a powerful and gut wrenching story with REAL that my stomach physically hurt by the end. Remington & Brooke are nothing like any other book couple out there. There is a lot of foreshadowing in the beginning that lets the reader know Remy is a complicated and dark man, but HOLY SHIT!  His life is a series of sad events that lead him to be a closed and damaged sole. I wish he was standing in front of me so I could hug and kiss all his hurt away.

From the first chapter of the book you can't help but like Brooke. She has compassion, love and grit. Even though she had her share of disappointments in life, she picked up the pieces and moved forward with the determination to help others. When she accepts the role with Remy's team, I shouted with Glee because I saw really great things about to come off the pages.
I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!!

Let me just mention how intense this story is. I haven't felt this level of sexual frustration since Twilight. Even though we don't get a good sex scene until halfway through the book, the writing that leads up to it is hot. Brooke doesn't hold back her desires and it was good to know she could hold her own and tell Remy exactly what she wanted.

Now let's address the Illness that plagues Remy. When this was revealed  I knew this would be a top pick for me in 2013. The book took me to a whole new emotional level when I finally understood why Remy was closed and mysterious. I looked at each character with new eyes because I realized why he surrounded himself with these people. And when Brooke understands her role in his life now that she knows his secret- you can't help but cheer for this couple.

Let me just say how happy I was with the ending of this book. Even though it was emotionally crippling, it all pulled together. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, I wanted to crawl in a corner because I knew we weren't going to get HEA that I craved. But I was wrong. When the whole truth came out, my heart both broke and jumped for joy. As if I didn't already love Remy, I now found myself obsessed with him. His selfless act was the ultimate sacrifice for love and I wanted to strangle Brooke. But I felt her heartache so I just reveled in their connection.

The ending is beautiful with no cliffhanger. The story of Remy & Brooke will continue in book two and I can't wait to watch their journey continue.

Thank you Katy Evans for bringing such a beautiful book to me. I will sing your praises for a very long time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment