Sunday, April 7, 2013

Belong to You - Vi Keeland

My honeymoon was almost everything I dreamed it would be, a tropical paradise, turquoise water, romantic walks on the beach, and loads and loads of mind shattering sex. The only thing missing was the groom.


After seven years of coasting through a relationship with Michael, my senses were numb. A week of passion with a stranger was just what I needed to clear my head and take back control of my life. But how do you move on when the man that was only supposed to be a fling somehow seeps into your soul and steals your heart?
WOW!  All I can say is WOW!
Belong to You is one of those books going to my Favorites category for sure. I devoured this book in one sitting.
I knew when I purchased this book it was going to be a series so I was prepared for an unfinished ending. But I was pleased with the ending. This is the type of book that makes me want to pack up my best friend for a tropical vacation and see if I can find my own Jack Cole.
Vi Keeland brings all my favorites to book one of this new series. There is lust, angst, sadness and heartbreak, mystery, sex and steam. This book delivers so much more than the synopsis let's on. I was scared it would be about a week-long affair that gives you an immediate HEA. But I was WRONG!  This story starts with an affair but the true story runs so much deeper.
This is a story about a shadowed character, Sydney, whom lost herself and is trying to find  her new place chasing her dreams. She left her fiance 2 months before their wedding and starts a new life- a life she thought was never going to happen. While this seems like a small point, it turns out to be the pinnacle that will lead to book two. Sydney's best friend, Sienna, goes on the "honeymoon" with Sydney and coaxes her into having a fling.
I loved the relationship between Sydney and Sienna. These two best friends are funny, wild, strong and solid.
When the Alpha-Hot Jack Cole comes into the picture there are fireworks. Every woman has a fantasy about their very own Jack Cole. He hits with a force that made me want to jump into his bed in the first five minutes. I knew he had secrets and demons, but they still were sexy. 
The story follow Sydney and Jack as they connect outside of their tropical bubble and navigate through the delicate process of starting a relationship. Both characters are exceptionally written and the emotions are high - in a good way.
I am always looking for new authors that give me a story that stick with me. Vi Keeland has done just that and I am begging her to release book two ASAP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment